Gifted and Talented Courses
Get ready to combine learning and FUN with Summer Scholars, enrichment courses for gifted and talented students!
- “This is the second year my daughter has attended and she can't wait for next year.
She loves the program!”
- “The Summer Scholars program allowed my daughters to better understand STEM career
opportunities. They both enjoyed the classes they chose and were excited to attend
each day. The program engaged their minds and motivated them to begin school with
a positive attitude.” Bryan Ashby, Career Technology Supervisor, Wicomico County
Board of Education
- “My daughter has participated in academic summer programs affiliated with a major
university, and we believe that Wor-Wic’s Summer Scholar Program compares favorably
(for much less cost). Our sons have also participated at Wor-Wic. The program successfully
combines challenging academic curricula with a lot of fun and interactivity. It
is a fantastic program that we are very lucky to have locally on the lower shore”…Arlette Bright, Esquire
- “My child’s teacher was fabulous!”
- “My child loved both of the courses that he took.”
- “This program is great…thanks for doing it!”
- "Once again, it was an amazing experience for our children. Thank you for making
such great content available.”
- “My child’s instructor was excellent with the kids and my son enjoyed the class
and really learned a lot!. He downloaded a game at home, and we didn't know where
it was saved. My son said, "I know where to check!" And he found it based on what
he learned in this class.”
- “I love that the assistants, and teachers are so nice! There are so many course choices. This is one of the best summers I have had. Thank you very much!”
- “OMG this is so awesome! Summer Scholars rocks!!”
- “Summer Scholars was great! I can’t wait to come back next year!”
- “I learned more chemistry in one week at Wor-Wic than I learned in my whole 6th grade year – which is impressive to a kid!”
- “I was only in a few camps this year, but now I know Summer Scholars is about HAVING FUN and learning! I really had a blast.”
- “I really liked the course, I’ve made new friends, and had a lot of fun. I am definitely coming back next year!”
Gifted and talented students entering grades 3 through 9 in the Fall of the same year are eligible (Some Saturday Scholars "one-day" cooking courses are only for students in grades 4 through 9).
Exciting topics include:
- Art, History, and Self Expression
- Career Exploration
- Culinary Arts and Cooking
- Science, STEM, and Problem Solving
- Technology and Digital Arts
- ...and more!
The Gifted and Talented Summer Scholars course schedule will be distributed to county schools and mailed out to interested persons in early March. Throughout the year, there may be additional gifted and talented courses such as the Fall and Winter Kids in the Kitchen cooking series.
|Gifted and Talented Courses
Special Fall/Winter Courses
Request a Mailed Copy of our Course Schedules
If you are not receiving our mailings or live outside of our mailing area and would like to get on our mailing list, contact us.
If you would like to receive email updates about gifted and talented courses, subscribe here.
One-week courses are offered Monday through Friday, beginning the second week of July. Choose an all-day
(9 a.m.-4 p.m.) session or mix and match morning and afternoon sessions.
Before and after care available to fit your busy schedule!
Wor-Wic Community College
32000 Campus Drive
Salisbury, MD 21804
Download the Summer Scholars brochure and registration materials
or contact Wor-Wic Community College, Continuing Education and Workforce Development Division at 410-334-2815.
Download the Summer Scholars Parental Consent Form
Download the Summer Scholars Registration Form