Skip Navigation LinksHome : Apply & Register : Admissions : Admissions Information
 Rate this page

Admissions Information

Admissions Policy

Wor-Wic has an open door admission policy. Standard entrance examinations are not required, but free placement tests are administered to assist in the appropriate selection of courses.

Admission is open to anyone 16 years old or older who has graduated from or left elementary or secondary school and has the ability to benefit from instruction. Current high school students who are at least 16 years old must provide signed authorization from the high school principal or his or her designee indicating that they have permission to attend. Students under the age of 16 who are identified as having the ability to benefit by Wor-Wic’s counselor can be admitted if they have completed at least the seventh grade and have a Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) mathematics subset score of at least 530 and an English subset score of 480 or American College Testing (ACT) subset scores of at least 21.

Wor-Wic accepts foreign nationals who can provide sufficient evidence to prove their domicile and document their legal status to be in the U.S. during the period of their enrollment. However, as an institution that serves the local community, Wor-Wic does not function as an international student training center, and is not authorized by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to issue I-20 forms.

Dual Enrollment Program for High School Students

We offer high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to jump start their college career by taking courses at Wor-Wic Community College or their high school. For further information, contact the Admissions Office at

Find out more about dual enrollment today!

Limited Admission Programs

Anyone interested in these programs should obtain an admission information packet from the admissions office.

Acceptance of Credits into Wor-Wic

From High School Articulation Agreements

High school students in Worcester, Wicomico, Somerset and Dorchester counties are eligible to receive college credit for certain courses they have completed in high school as a result of articulation agreements between Wor-Wic and the local boards of education. Students seeking articulation credit must have a copy of their high school transcript forwarded to the registrar's office for review prior to registering for course work. High school students who have acquired competencies in courses that are equivalent to college or university courses receive college credit after completing one term at the college, and the course does not need to be repeated. Articulation credits are transferable to other Maryland public post-secondary institutions. Information on eligibility can be obtained from the registrar's office.

From Standardized Testing Agencies

Wor-Wic accepts College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) and Advanced Placement (AP) course work completed with a score of “3” or higher. Students who have completed AP courses in high school should have an official score report sent to Wor-Wic’s registrar’s office from the College Board. Copies of high school transcripts are not acceptable.

From Other Colleges and Universities

Wor-Wic accepts courses that have been completed at another regionally- accredited, degree-granting institution of higher education if the courses are equivalent to and meet the requirements of the student’s program of study at Wor-Wic. Upon the receipt of official transcripts, transfer credits are evaluated by the registrar’s office on a course-by-course basis. Semester hours for classes at a school operating on a quarter-hour system are adjusted to determine equivalent semester hours.

In addition to the same graduation requirements that apply to all other students, transfer students must complete at least 25 percent of their course work at Wor-Wic. Credits awarded by proficiency examinations at other insti- tutions are also accepted at Wor-Wic. Transfer credits are counted toward credits needed for a degree, but they are not used in the computation of grade point average (except for the calculation of admission points in emergency medical services, nursing, occupational therapy assistant, physical therapist assistant and radiologic technology).

Students who are on academic probation or suspension at other schools may be accepted at Wor-Wic. These students are automatically placed on probation. Students in this status are strongly encouraged to consult with their advisor.

From Foreign Institutions

Foreign students who want to be admitted as high school graduates or who want to transfer college credits into Wor-Wic must have their high school or college transcripts evaluated by an acceptable academic credential evaluation service, at their own expense. The registrar maintains a list of acceptable academic credential evaluation services. Credits transferred from foreign institutions are treated the same as transfer credits from U.S. institutions.

From the Military and Other Non-Traditional Ways

Military credits and credits for specialized training recognized by the American Council on Education are treated the same as transfer credits.


Students who want to return to Wor-Wic after a Fall or Spring term of non-enrollment should submit a completed Student Reactivation FormAdobe Portable Document Format (PDF) icon to the admissions office. When a student is readmitted after one calendar year of non-enrollment, the student must follow the requirements and regulations in the catalog that is in effect on the date of readmission or the catalog of any subsequent year.

Rate this web page