Skip Navigation LinksHome : Student Services : Transfer Resources
 Rate this page

Transferring Credits from other Colleges/Universities & by Examination

Wor-Wic accepts courses that have been completed at accredited, degree-granting colleges/universities, foreign universities and through the military. Examinations through Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) may be eligible for transfer as well as Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) and credits for specialized training through The American Council on Education (ACE).

Getting Started:

All students must submit an official transcript, from each college/university attended, directly to our Registrar’s Office. Transcripts may be sent via U.S. Postal Service or online through E-Script or Parchment. Once received, the Associate Registrar will perform a course-by-course evaluation of your credits. Advanced Placement (AP) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) transcripts may be requested through the College Board. AP credits may not be awarded from a high school transcript.

Transfer Equivalency Tables for AP and CLEP Examinations

Transfer students are encouraged to meet with the Associate Registrar their first semester to review their transfer credit evaluation equivalency report, degree audit and to register for classes.

Transfer Restrictions:

  • Courses in which a student has received a grade of “B” or better may not be repeated for credit at Wor-Wic. In the event that a student registers for a course they already received transfer credit for the repeated course is changed to an audit status.
  • Degree-seeking Transfer students must complete at least 25 percent (or 15 credits) of their coursework at Wor-Wic.
  • If your college operates on a quarter hour system, your credits will be adjusted to semester hours.
  • Transfer credits do not factor into your GPA at Wor-Wic unless you are applying for the following majors under the GPA admission track: Emergency Medical Services, Nursing, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapist Assistant and Radiologic Technology programs.
  • Students who are placed on academic probation or suspension at another college/university may be accepted into Wor-Wic but will be placed on academic probation and limited to 3 classes during their first semester.

The following courses are not accepted:

  • courses from colleges/universities that are not accredited
  • remedial/developmental skills courses
  • courses for which "0" credit was received
  • courses marked with an "I" or "W" or "in progress"
  • pre-requisite courses that require a certain grade or higher may need to be repeated to take additional courses
  • Advanced Placement Scores below a “3” are not transferable.

Placement Test Exceptions are made for the following students:

  • Students who possess an associate or higher degree from a regionally-accredited college in the U.S.
  • Students who have earned transfer credit for ENG 101 and/or a higher-level mathematics
  • Students who have received SAT subset scores of at least 500 (dated within the past two years)
  • Students who have received ACT subset scores of at least 21 (dated within the past two years)

Transferring Credits from International Colleges/Universities

A course-by-course evaluation is required for international college students who would like to be admitted as a transfer student. Those who possess a high school diploma may request an evaluation of their high school degree. These evaluations must be performed by World Education Services at the student’s expense. World Education Services may be reached at 312-222-0882 or online at International credits are treated the same as transfer credits from an accredited U.S. institution. General education courses cannot be accepted if they equal less than three (3) semester hours.

High School Articulation Agreements

High school students in Worcester, Wicomico, Somerset and Dorchester counties may be eligible to receive college credit for occupational courses completed in high school with a grade of “B” or better. To be eligible, students must forward a copy of their high school transcript to the registrar's office within three years of their high school graduation and prior to registering for classes at Wor-Wic. In order for a course to articulate to Wor-Wic the student must successfully complete a 100-level course at the college.

Helpful Links

For a student guide to transferring among Maryland colleges and universities, please visit the Maryland Higher Education Commission Transfer Information Website.

To determine if a course is transferable to a Maryland 4-year public or private college or university, please visit the Articulation System for Maryland Colleges and Universities website (ARTSYS)External Link.

For students and parents looking for transfer information or for a full list of public and private institution transfer coordinators, please visit the Maryland TransPort (Transfer Information Portal)External Link.

Angie Hayden
Rate this web page