Skip Navigation LinksHome : Student Services : College Procedures
 Rate this page

College Procedures

Dropping and Adding Courses

A student who wants to drop or add a course after he or she registers must drop or add the course online. If the student is not eligible for online registration, he or she must meet with an advisor. Drop and add dates are listed in the class schedule publication for each term. Courses that are dropped are not recorded on a student’s transcript.

Dropping a course does not necessarily eliminate the student’s financial obligations to the college. Depending on the date the course is dropped, the student could be eligible for a refund. Students who are receiving financial aid should be aware that dropping a course could affect the amount of their award.


After the drop period ends, a student can withdraw from a course online. If the student is not eligible for online registration, he or she must meet with an advisor. Withdrawal dates are listed in the class schedule publication for each term. A “W” is recorded on the transcript of a student who has officially withdrawn from a course.

Withdrawing from a course does not eliminate the student’s financial obliga-tions to the college. Students who are receiving financial aid should be aware that withdrawing from a course could affect the amount of their award and jeopardize their eligibility for financial aid in the future.

Change of Student Information

Most communication between the college and its students is by mail or telephone. It is the student’s responsibility to provide the admissions office with a current mailing address and telephone number whenever changes are made. Students who are changing their name, address, telephone number, catalog year, advisor or major must complete a “Change in Student Information” form, available in the admissions office.

New Student Welcome

All new students are strongly encouraged to attend a welcome session prior to beginning their classes at Wor-Wic. These sessions give students the opportunity to meet with other students, faculty members and administrators and to learn about student activities and resources offered by the college. Students should contact the admissions office to register for a welcome session.

Student E-Mail

All new students receive a college email account. Students must use their official Wor-Wic email account for all communications with other students and employees at the college. Faculty members provide their students with information about how email will be used in their classes. The email accounts of students who do not maintain continuous enrollment are deleted.

Identification Cards

New students receive photo identification (ID) cards at the college information desk after presenting acceptable documentation. Students who do not have a valid ID card are denied access to certain facilities, such as college computer laboratories and the fitness center. A fee of $2 is charged to replace lost, stolen or mutilated cards.


Student parking stickers are available at the college information desk. Students must park in student parking areas and display valid parking stickers on their vehicles. Violations of the college’s parking/traffic regulations carry a $20 fine and are delivered on a public safety citation form. Students with unpaid fines cannot obtain grades or transcripts, register for classes or participate in commencement. Parking/traffic regulations can be obtained at or at the college information desk.

Smoking/Tobacco Use

Smoking/tobacco use, including smokeless tobacco and electronic cigarettes, is permitted on campus only in designated tobacco use or parking lot areas that are at least 25 feet from any building. Smoking/tobacco use is not permitted in the lot in front of Brunkhorst Hall (BH). Verbal warnings can be delivered by public safety officers, as well as other employees at the college. Repeat offenders or those who refuse to comply with verbal warnings can be issued a citation. Violations of the smoking/tobacco use policy carry a $20 fine and are delivered on a public safety citation form. Students with unpaid fines cannot obtain grades or transcripts, register for classes or participate in commencement. Smoking/tobacco use in “no smoking/tobacco use” areas is also a violation of student conduct regulations and is subject to further disci-plinary action. A copy of the smoking/tobacco use policy can be obtained at or at the college information desk.

Acceptable Use of Technology Resources

The college provides access to technology resources necessary to support the educational mission of the college. Access to college technology resources is granted as a privilege, and as such, imposes certain responsibilities and obligations. By using the college's technology resources, users agree to abide by these policies and procedures. Disciplinary sanctions for violations range from the loss of technology privileges, dismissal from the college and/or legal action, depending on the nature of the violation. Specific information about violations and sanctions can be found in the appendix of the college catalog.


Students are encouraged to attend all class sessions. Due to specific course requirements, some faculty members may place greater emphasis on regular attendance than others and student grades may be affected by attendance in these classes. It is the student's responsibility to comply with the individual attendance policies of his or her instructors. Failure to attend class does not eliminate the student’s financial obligations to the college, and can cause the cancellation of the student’s financial aid. Students who have issues that could affect their ability to attend classes on a regular basis should contact the director of retention and student success.

Course and Class Cancellations

The college reserves the right to cancel any course due to insufficient enrollment or for other reasons when such action is deemed necessary by the college. Every effort is made to schedule required classes so that a minimum of cancellations is necessary.

When a class is canceled due to the illness of an instructor, a notice is posted on the classroom door as soon as possible. Questions about class cancellations should be directed to the department head.

For inclement weather closings and security announcements, Wor-Wic uses e2Campus, a Web-based universal notification system, to send alerts to individuals who sign up for this free service. Anyone who creates an e2Campus account can register to receive announcements via text message, email and/or phone call. Interested students can go to to sign up. When classes are not canceled, students are responsible for making their own decisions based on their judgment of local road conditions.

Discrimination and Harassment

Discrimination and harassment can seriously damage the integrity of an educational institution, destroy the institution’s positive work and educational atmosphere and cause psychological and physiological damage to the victims. The college condemns such activity and is strongly committed to promoting a work and academic environment free from discrimination and harassment and to addressing and resolving complaints in a timely fashion.

It is the policy of Wor-Wic Community College not to discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, disability or any other characteristic protected by law in the admission and treatment of students, access to educational programs and activities, and the terms and conditions of employment.

This policy applies to all students, employees, visitors and third party vendors who are hired by the college. This policy covers any prohibited conduct that occurs on campus or off campus when conducting college business or is circulated at or from the college, during college operating hours or using college equipment, via email, phone, voice mail, text messages, tweets, blog posts, social networking sites or other means.

Questions and complaints should be submitted to Wor-Wic’s Title IX coordinators and discrimination investigators.

Complaints against students:
Dr. Deirdra G. Johnson
Director of Retention and Student Success
Wor-Wic Community College
BH 110
32000 Campus Drive
Salisbury, MD 21804
Complaints against employees:
Karen Berkheimer
Director of Human Resources
Wor-Wic Community College
BH 107
32000 Campus Drive
Salisbury, MD 21804

Definitions, examples and procedures for handling complaints can be found in the appendix of the college catalog.

Student Conduct

The college believes that its values of honesty, respect and responsibility should form the foundation of student conduct, particularly classroom behavior and academic work. All students are expected to abide by specific regulations that define appropriate behavior. These regulations apply to all students in any college facility or in the immediate vicinity or any college-sponsored event. Students in certain programs or facilities could be required to adhere to additional regulations issued by that program or facility.

In addition to following other student conduct regulations, all students are expected to exhibit appropriate classroom behavior. In order to adhere to the guidelines for civility in the classroom, students should:

  1. Use electronic devices only for instructor-directed educational purposes or emergency situations in the classroom;
  2. Arrive for class on time and avoid leaving early;
  3. Remain attentive throughout the entire class session;
  4. Listen actively and avoid side conversations while the instructor or another student is presenting information;
  5. Demonstrate a respectful attitude toward the instructor and other students during discussion and debate;
  6. See their instructor during office hours instead of during class time if they need clarification of course material missed due to absence;
  7. Consume food in the classroom only with permission of the instructor; and
  8. Leave a clean environment for the next class.

The appendix of the college catalog contains a description of the student-faculty disciplinary committee, as well as definitions of behaviors that are considered primary or secondary offenses. A single violation of any primary offense or repeated violations of a secondary offense could result in referral to the student-faculty disciplinary committee. Any student or employee of the college can refer student conduct violations to the chairperson of the student-faculty disciplinary committee. Student conduct cases of an unusual or emergency nature can be referred to the dean of student development, the evening and weekend administrator or the vice president for academic and student affairs when immediate action is deemed necessary. All other cases are handled by committee hearings.

Mandatory Administrative Withdrawals

A mandatory administrative withdrawal of a student can occur when there is imminent danger, a threat of a serious nature, harm to others, damage to property or a serious disruption of the educational environment. An administrative withdrawal can occur with or without a student conference when a student is unwilling or unable to voluntarily withdraw from the college and a mandatory withdrawal is deemed appropriate. College officials hold a conference with the student, if practicable, in order to give the student an opportunity to present his or her case and discuss withdrawal procedures, if deemed necessary. In certain circumstances, counseling office employees are included to assist the student and make appropriate referrals.

An administrative withdrawal can be initiated by the president, the vice president for academic and student affairs, the dean of student development, director of counseling or the evening and weekend administrator. An administrative withdrawal is considered an emergency action. It does not replace violations of the student code of conduct or consequences recommended by the student-faculty disciplinary committee. Students are notified in writing of the reason for the administrative withdrawal and conditions for readmission to the college. A student can appeal an administrative withdrawal to the president within five business days of the time the student is notified of the original decision. The decision of the president, upon notification of the parties involved, is final.

Student Records

The registrar’s office maintains a record on each credit student that includes the student's application form, any high school or college transcripts, a Wor-Wic transcript, current enrollment status and a record of disciplinary action, if applicable. In addition to student records maintained by the registrar’s office, the business office maintains student financial payment records, and the nursing and radiologic technology department heads maintain the clinical evaluation records of their students. The continuing education and workforce development division maintains course records that contain information on continuing education students.

Certain information is considered public and is provided to any individual who makes a request for the information, unless the student submits a written request for the information to be withheld. This information includes, but is not limited to, the student’s name, photo ID, whether or not an individual has ever attended Wor-Wic, the dates of the student's attendance, city of residence, dean’s list honors, major, any degree received and date of graduation. A student’s date of birth, last address and/or telephone number are verified by the college if the correct date, address and phone number are provided by the requester. Lists of graduates and dean’s list students with city or town of residence are also routinely released to the news media. A student who would like to prevent the release of such information must submit a written request to the dean of student development or the dean of continuing education and workforce development before the end of the first week of class. Official enrollment verifications cannot be processed until after the last day for dropping classes for the term since the student’s enrollment status is not official until the end of the schedule adjustment period.

However, notification of a student’s current and expected enrollment status is mailed to specified parties upon the written request of the student. Access to other information is limited to those who have a legitimate need for such information, as designated by the dean of student development for credit students and by the dean of continuing education and workforce development for continuing education students. For example, a student’s current address, telephone number and enrollment status may be provided to library personnel at Salisbury University or the University of Maryland Eastern Shore when this information is needed to assist Wor-Wic students. Any information in a student’s record may be released in an emergency if the knowledge of such information is needed to protect the health and safety of an individual. More information about access to student records by individual students, college employees and outside requesters is provided in the appendix of the college catalog.

Change of Address

Since most communication between the college and its students is by mail or telephone, the student services office must have a current mailing address and telephone number for all students at all times. Students who are changing their name, address, telephone number or major must complete a "Change in Student Information" form, available in the student services office.

Change of Major

Students who want to change their major must complete a "Change of Major/Advisor" form, available from their advisor or in the student services office.

Requesting a Transcript

Transcript requests are processed online electronically. Requests are not accepted through fax, email, mail or walk-in to the Registrar’s Office.

Transcripts are released only upon request by the student. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (Federal law commonly referred to as the Buckley Amendment), requires the Registrar’s office to obtain the student’s consent each time a transcript is released.

Transcripts will not be processed for students with an outstanding financial obligation. The student must resolve this matter before a transcript request can be processed. Financial obligations may be satisfied with the college by contacting the Cashier at 410-334-2923. Alternately, payment may be made online through the myWor-Wic portal page by selecting Current Credit Students, Financial Information, then View Account and Make Payments.

Students may request a copy of their Wor-Wic Community College transcript at the following link: Online Transcript Ordering.

Please Note

  • Create an account to request transcripts to be sent electronically or by US Postal Service.
  • Double check spelling and data entered when creating an account as errors will delay transcript processing.
  • Students should allow ample time for processing and delivery with the US Postal Service. Normal processing time (including delivery) is 3-5 working days after placing the request. During peak working times and holiday breaks, this processing time may be extended.
  • Electronic transcript fee: $3.00
  • Paper transcript fee: $5.50

Unofficial Transcripts

Unofficial transcripts may be downloaded through the myWor-Wic portal if you have been a student at Wor-Wic within the past year. From the myWor-Wic portal page, select Current Credit Students, Academic Planning, and then Student Planning. Click on the Unofficial Transcript option from the Student Planning drop-down menu to access and print an unofficial transcript. These transcripts may be utilized for reference but cannot be used in place of an official transcript.

Rate this web page