Skip Navigation LinksHome : Future Students : Admissions : Financial Aid and Scholarships
 Rate this page

Financial Aid and Scholarships

Wor-Wic offers a variety of financial aid opportunities, including federal programs such as grants, work-study and educational loans, state scholarships and a variety of local scholarships and loans.

Students interested in applying for aid with a need-based component must complete the "Free Application for Federal Student Aid" (FAFSA) and provide follow-up documentation as requested. Students can complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.govExternal Link as early as Jan. 1. Internet access and computers that can be used to complete the FAFSA are available in the financial aid office. Up to three copies of the paper application can be obtained by calling the Federal Student Aid Information Center at (800) 433-3243.

Wor-Wic’s federal school code is 013842.

To be eligible for consideration of any federal, state or local financial aid, students must have a high school diploma or the equivalent.

Questions may be emailed to us at


The Department of Education has made significant changes to the documentation requirements for applicants that are selected for verification. Please take note of these changes and make adjustments accordingly.

  • The Financial Aid Office can no longer accept federal income tax forms (1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ.)
  • All students should use the LINK TO IRS option when filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Please enter your personal information exactly as it appears on your 2012 taxes to match your information to the IRS database.
  • If you have not filed your 2012 taxes or filed less than 2 weeks prior to filling out the FAFSA, indicate that you “Will File” and then return at a later date to link to the IRS data system.
  • A student may not be able to use the IRS Link if he/she:
    • filed 2012 taxes as “Married Filing Separately”
    • was granted an extension in filing 2012 taxes
    • made a correction to his/her 2012 taxes
    • has a change in marital status since filing his/her 2012 taxes

If you are not able to use the IRS Link, a copy of your IRS Tax Transcript must be requested at www.irs.govExternal Link, by calling 800-829-1040, or by visiting the local IRS office located in The Gallery Building at 212 West Main Street, Salisbury, MD 21801.

  • Students enrolling in higher education for the first time on or after July 1, 2012 must have a high school diploma or recognized equivalent (such as a GED or have been home-schooled.) Students are no longer able to receive federal student aid by passing an approved test or completing at least six credit hours of college-level education.
  • Students will be limited to receiving a full-time Pell Grant award for a maximum of 12 full-time semesters. After a student hits this limit, they are no longer eligible to receive additional Pell Grant funding. This affects all students and considers attendance at all institutions, not just Wor-Wic Community College. The Financial Aid Office will be alerted when a student has reached this maximum and will notify all students.


There is a limit on the maximum period of time (measured in academic years) that you can receive Direct Subsidized Loans. In general, you may not receive Direct Subsidized Loans for more than 150% of the published length of your program. See the college catalog to determine the length of your program.


Financial Aid

Deborah Jenkins
Director of Financial Aid

Laura Barker
Financial Aid Compliance Coordinator

Fred Howard
Financial Aid State Scholarship and Veterans Coordinator

Amanda Messatzzia
Financial Aid Grant Analyst

Ellen Soulis
Financial Aid Loan Advisor

Ellen Wallace
Financial Aid Grant Coordinator
Rate this web page