Understanding the Financial Aid Process
To apply for federal and state grants, the Federal Work-Study program, institutional
scholarships, and federal student loans, you must complete a Free Application for
Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The Federal Work-Study program and most grants and institutional scholarships are
only available to students who demonstrate financial need. Read more information about the Federal Work-Study program.
Federal student loans are available to students with or without financial need.
Read more information about federal student loans.
- Review the Financial Aid Eligibility and Requirements.
- Review the available Financial Aid programs:
- If you are a new student, review the Apply and Register page for credit students
to learn more about the application and registration process. Please note that you
must have an admissions application on file before your financial aid eligibility
can be determined by WWCC.
- Complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). WWCC’s
federal school code is 013842.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR)
- The Student Aid Report (SAR) is a summary of the information you submitted on your
FAFSA. You will receive this report via e-mail a few days after your FAFSA has been
processed or by mail within 7-10 days if you did not provide an e-mail address.
- If there are no corrections or additional information you must provide, the SAR
will contain your EFC, which is the number that is used to determine your eligibility
for federal student aid. If corrections or additional information is required, you
can visit the FAFSA website and click on “Make FAFSA Corrections” to update your
- View your Financial Aid Checklist through Financial Aid Self-Service on myWor-Wic and, if indicated on your checklist, complete required documents. Documents can be accessed through the Financial Aid Checklist or by visiting the forms page.
- Review and accept your financial aid award package through Financial Aid Self-Service on myWor-Wic.
- Review and sign your financial aid award letter through Financial Aid Self-Service on myWor-Wic.
- Once registered, your schedule and credit balance/balance due can be viewed through Student Finance Self-Service on myWor-Wic.