Graduation and Commencement Information
Date: to be announced
Wicomico Youth and Civic Center
Commencement Ceremony Begins promptly at 7:00 PM
Wor-Wic conducts one commencement ceremony each year. This ceremony is a celebratory
recognition of the accomplishments of students earning an associate degree or certificate
of proficiency. Students who want to participate in the commencement ceremony must
complete the application for graduation. Students are eligible to participate if they have completed the requirements
for their degree or certificate at the end of the fall semester or if they are completing
the requirements for their degree or certificate at the end of the spring semester.
Students completing in the summer can also participate if they have nine credits
or less remaining, they have registered for their remaining course work and they
have met all other graduation requirements prior to the ceremony. Please review
the material here and in the catalog to determine your eligibility for graduation.
It is recommended that students meet with their academic advisor to conduct a degree
audit to determine graduation eligibility.
- Requirements for Graduation with Associate Degree
- Completion of Application for Graduation. Return completed form to the Registrar’s Office AAB 109.
- At least 60 credit hours with a “C” (2.00) grade point average or better;
- A minimum of 24 credits completed at Wor-Wic, including the student's final 15 credit hours (unless an exception is approved by the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs);
- At least 20 credits in general education courses for an associate of applied science degree and 30 credits for an associate of arts or associate of science degree;
- At least 24 credits directly related to the occupation in vocational and technical programs; and
- Register for the General Education Assessment online.
- Requirements for Graduation with a Certificate of Proficiency
- Completion of Application for Graduation
- Completion of specific program requirements
- A “C” (2.00) grade point average or better; and
- A minimum of 40 percent of the required courses completed at Wor-Wic (unless an exception is approved by the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs).
- Additional Information
- Are you in step for commencement?
- Commencement brochure
- CAAP Dates: If you have forgotten the date you requested, please check this information on the Student Portal.
- Cap and Gown Information
- Ceremony Instructions
- Dress Code: Formal attire is requested at commencement. Please read the brochure for additional information.
- Guest Speaker: Information not yet available.
- Handicap Guest Seating: Graduates are asked to inform the Student Activities department about any guests that require floor seating due to a handicap. Send us an email to inform us.
- Honors: Students who complete this requirement are recognized in the commencement program. Are you interested in the Honors program?
- Invitations: Guests are not required to have an invitation to enter the Normandy Room. Five free announcements are mailed to students to send to family and friends for informational purposes only. Additional announcements are also available at a cost of $6 for 10 at the cashier’s office. Students are allowed to bring as many guests as they wish.
- List of Graduates: If your name is not on the list or is spelled incorrectly, please notify the Registrar.
- Personal Items: Do not bring personal items into the Normandy Room. There are no storage areas available and Wor-Wic personnel cannot hold personal items.
- Project Graduation: Information not yet available.
- Reception: Cake and punch will be served in the rear of the Normandy Room directly following the commencement ceremony.
- SGA: Student Government Association officers are recognized in the commencement program. Are you interested in becoming a member of SGA?
- Student Speaker: Information not yet available.