Student Success and Retention
The Office of Retention and Student Success' mission is to assist students with enhancing students'
academic skills through motivation and knowledge.
What is Retention?
- Assisting students through the academic process
- Providing a good educational experience for students
- Sustaining the majority of students who entered the college during the same semester
- Providing resources to help aid students in their pursuit of academic excellence
- Students displaying a passion for the institution in which he/she is seeking an education
To facilitate intrusive interventions which assist in improving the quality of student life and learning
while enhancing institutional quality, effectiveness and student success.
- Intrusive Intervention - Special techniques based on prescriptive, developmental and integrated models.
- Phone calls
- Postal mail
- Classroom visits
- Fundamentals of College Study (SDV) - One (1) credit course is designed to make seamless transition
from high school to college. It also assists in developing cognitive skills and eases the personal and
social adjustments that are necessary to adapt to the college environment.
- Attendance Alerts – Students with low class attendance.