Testing for Non-Native English Speakers
- Non-native speakers must complete all three sections of the Accuplacer ESL test.
- Students may retest in any or all sections AFTER A WAIT OF AT LEAST 24 HOURS.
- A second retest is permitted 30 DAYS AFTER THE FIRST RETEST.
- Students who do not test out of ESL Courses on the 2nd retest are encouraged to enroll in the ESL Courses offered by the Continuing Education Department of the college.
- A third and FINAL retest may be attempted AFTER ONE FULL SPRING OR FALL SEMESTER HAS ELAPSED since the 2nd retest.
Note: After two years have passed since the last testing attempt, students must retest in any areas where ESL coursework was recommended and not attempted.
View the Powerpoint that explains the content and format of the the Accuplacer assessment you will take:
Links to practice sites for ESL testing: