Life always seems to bring financial emergencies at the wrong time. Wor-Wic knows that students on tight budgets can be devastated by a financial crisis, and that it can get in the way of your academic success. To help you during those difficult times, we have Emergency Assistance funds given by generous donors to provide short-term financial support.
Emergency Assistance is meant to meet a specific short-term need and it is not ongoing financial assistance. Examples of short-term needs include:
- Child Care
- Interview Clothing
Please note that there are limits to which we can help. We will also help to locate other sources of assistance before providing Emergency Assistance funds.
To be eligible for Emergency Assistance you must:
- Be enrolled in a credit degree or certificate program
- Be in good financial standing with the college
- Be able to demonstrate financial hardship
The Offices of Financial Aid and Student Development work together to process Emergency Assistance applications. Awards will be made with the following in mind:
- Students can apply and be awarded multiple times a year, but Emergency Assistance is meant to take care of short-term needs only
- Once an application is received, it will be evaluated by the Offices of Financial Aid and Student Development to determine if there is other assistance that can be provided
- Immediate negative impacts to the student’s ability to complete their course(s) will be a primary factor in decision-making
If a student is eligible for Emergency Assistance, funds will be awarded through the business office in the form of direct payment to a third party (e.g., to a utility company) or in the form of a gift card.
How to Apply
If you have questions or concerns about your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the Emergency Assistance application and bring it along with requested documentation to the Financial Aid Office in BH 109. You can also send it via e-mail to email@example.com.