Get started on your electrical career now! We have partnered with IEC Chesapeake to offer electrical apprenticeship courses that start each fall.
Follow these steps to begin:
1. Check out the IEC Chesapeake
website and complete the online application. You will need:
- driver's license/government issued ID
- social security card
- high school diploma/GED certificate
- recommendation letter/reference
- OSHA 10 Construction certificate
2. If you have successfully completed Wor-Wic's "Electrical Wiring Technician: Introduction" course, then include the document of completion with your application.
3. Complete a reading and math assessment. Practice exams are on the website
4. Complete an “OSHA 10 for Construction” on line course. You can find classes by searching the internet for "OSHA 10 for Construction."
5. Secure employment with an IEC Chesapeake employer partner. IECC will introduce students/apprentices to potential employers.
For more information, contact IEC Chesapeake: Paula Bahler at email@example.com