Disability Services

Request disability accommodations and get an overview of the types of services we provide.

Wor-Wic provides reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.

Documentation can be an official evaluation or letter from a licensed professional that clearly states your diagnosis, or an IEP or 504 from your high school. The college does not evaluate, diagnose or treat disabilities. Appropriate documentation should be submitted to the Academic and Disabilities Counselor at least four weeks before the start of classes so that eligibility can be determined and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
Text, voice and computer modem users can call Wor-Wic toll free through the Maryland Relay Service by calling Customer Service 1-800-552-7724 or 410-767-6960 (Voice/TTY); Customer Service 1-443-453-5970 (Video Phone).

Types of Disabilities
  • Learning disabilities
  • Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
  • Psychological disabilities (depression, anxiety, PTSD)
  • Chronic medical conditions
  • Deaf/Hard of hearing
  • Visual disabilities
  • Autism Spectrum Disorders
  • Traumatic brain injury
Types of Accommodations
  • More time on tests
  • Taking tests outside the classroom
  • Notetaking accommodations
  • Use of a recording device in the classroom
  • Assistive technology for learning disabilities & visual impairments
  • Sign language interpretation
  • Accommodations Descriptions
Transitioning from High School
  • Making the transition from high school to college is tough for all students, but especially so for those with disabilities. College requires a great deal more independence and hard work than you experience in high school.
  • In many instances, students are not eligible for the same level of academic support that their IEP’s or 504 plans entitled them to in high school. It is also important to note that the IEP/504 plan is not automatically forwarded to your new college—it is your responsibility to provide the information to the college.
Discrimination and Disability Grievances
Discrimination and Harassment

Discrimination and harassment can seriously damage the integrity of an educational institution, destroy the institution’s positive work and educational atmosphere and cause psychological and physiological damage to the victims. The college condemns such activity and is strongly committed to promoting a work and academic environment free from discrimination and harassment and to addressing and resolving complaints in a timely fashion.

Wor-Wic Community College does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, disability, income level, limited English proficiency or any other characteristic protected by law in the admission and treatment of students, access to educational programs and activities, and the terms and conditions of employment.

This policy applies to all students, employees, visitors, and third-party vendors who are hired by the college. This policy covers any prohibited conduct that occurs on campus or off campus when conducting college business or is circulated at or from the college, during college operating hours or using college equipment, via email, phone, voice mail, text messages, tweets, blog posts, social networking sites or other means.

Review Wor-Wic’s discrimination and harassment policy.

Disability Grievances

Students who believe they have experienced discrimination or harassment based on disability should contact the ADA Coordinator:

Aaron Prebenda
Director of Student Success
Wor-Wic Community College
MTC 103A
32000 Campus Drive
Salisbury, Maryland 21804
(410) 334-2993

To appeal a determination made by the ADA Coordinator as part of the grievance process, or if the grievance is against the ADA Coordinator, please contact:

Dr. Deirdra Johnson
Senior Director of Student Development
Wor-Wic Community College
BH 109P
32000 Campus Drive
Salisbury, Maryland 21804
(410) 334-2902

Review Wor-Wic’s disability grievances policy.

Contact Us Karen Mohler Academic and Disabilities Counselor 410-334-2899 kmohler@worwic.edu
MTC 103