Veteran and Military Benefits

Explore all of our benefits for veteran and military students.

Apply for your VA education benefits through for the following:

  • Chapter 31 (for Vocational Rehabilitation veterans with a medical disability rating)
  • Chapter 33 (for Post 9-11 veterans, active duty). Reservists and National Guard may apply if they have active service under title 32 U.S.C. or training and active service under section 502(f) of title 32).
  • Chapter 35 (for eligible dependents of a 100% disabled veteran or a deceased veteran)
  • Chapter 1606 (for reservists and National Guard who do not have active service time required for Chapter 33).

Forms required by the Wor-Wic Veterans Services office:

Transfer students

All transfer students who have previously used their GI-Bill® at another institution must notify the VA of the change of school by visiting Transfer students must also submit the Change of Program or Place of Training form VA Form 22-1995 to the Veterans Services office.

Eastern Shore Criminal Justice Academy (ESCJA) Educational Benefits

Cadets eligible for the Post 9-11 GI-Bill® or the Montgomery GI-Bill® Selected Reserves may use their educational benefits while enrolled in the academy. Cadets must complete the ESCJA Education Benefits Request Form.

Military Tuition Assistance (TA)

Military members (active duty and reservists) who plan to use tuition assistance (TA) while attending Wor-Wic must request TA through their applicable military chain-of-command. Students planning to use TA while attending Wor-Wic must submit the Department of Defense (DoD) Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Form to the Wor-Wic Director of Veterans Services.

Maryland National Guard Members 50% Tuition Waiver

Members of the Maryland National Guard are eligible for a 50 percent tuition waiver if all eligibility requirements are met. Guard members must have two or more years of service remaining to be eligible for the waiver. An official command or unit State Tuition Waiver Letter and a copy of the member’s military identification card must be submitted to the Director of Veterans Services. National Guard members may also be eligible for the Chapter 1606 Montgomery Selected Reserve GI-Bill®. More info may be found at The Maryland National Guard.

Terms of Payment

Students must comply with Wor-Wic’s payment policies. Students eligible for the Post 9-11 GI-Bill®, the Vocational Rehabilitation program or tuition assistance (TA) may have their tuition and fees payment deferred. See the Director of Veterans Services for more information regarding payment procedures and policy.

If eligible, monthly GI-Bill® education stipends are sent directly to the student. The VA is not responsible for tuition and fees payment to the college except in the case of eligible Chapter 33 (Post 9-11) and Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation) students.

Important Notes
  • The VA will only pay for classes that are required for the students associate degree or program of study.
  • Students are required to contact the Wor-Wic Director of Veterans Services if they add, drop or withdraw from classes or change their degree or program of study.
  • An official military transcript must be submitted to the college credit evaluation.
  • Students receiving monthly education benefits under Chapter 1606 must verify their enrollment each month while attending college. Students must verify their monthly enrollment either on or after the last day of each month. The VA will not release monthly Chapter 1606 payments until the verification process is completed. The monthly enrollment verification must be submitted by logging onto the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or by calling 1-877-823-2378.

GI-Bill® eligible students and military students may also apply for financial assistance from the various federal, state and institutional financial aid programs. To apply for financial aid, visit the FAFSA website. Contact the Director of Veterans Services or Financial Aid Office for more information.

Deployment or Mobilization of Currently Enrolled Students

All active duty military, reservists or National Guard students who are unable to complete course requirements due to change in employment duties, work schedule, or deployment may be administratively withdrawn from current semester courses. Students are required to submit a copy of their military orders to the Director of Veterans Services. The Director of Veterans Services and the Registrar's Office will maintain records of administrative withdrawals performed under this policy.

Contact Us Jason M. King Director of Veterans Services 410-334-2882