Close this search box.
Close this search box.

Transfer FAQs

Frequently asked questions for transfer students.

Edit Content
  • Who should I send my transcripts to?
    • Please have electronic transcripts sent to and paper copies can be mailed to our normal mailing address, care of the registrar’s office.
  • How many credits can I transfer?
    • Typically, you’re allowed to transfer up to 45 credits toward a single associate degree or about 60 credits overall. However, our advising team will work with you to decide which credits will best help you achieve your goals.
  • How do I know if you received my transcript?
    • The registrar’s office will send you an email letting you know we’ve received your transcript once it arrives in our office.
  • How long will it take for my transfer credits to show in my account?
    • Once we receive your transcript, you must schedule an appointment in the academic advising office (via or 410-572-8725) to review your coursework with one of our advisors. Once that step has been completed, the registrar will review those courses and upload the approved coursework to your account within 20 business days from the date of your advising appointment.
  • Does Wor-Wic accept courses with a D-grade?
    • It depends on what the course is and how it is being used. Please see your advisor for a more specific answer.
Edit Content
  • How do I know if I should transfer to another college?
    • The best way to answer this question is to meet with one of our advisors to discuss your future academic and career goals. They can give you customized advice that will meet your individual needs.
  • What is the difference between a transfer degree and one that is not transfer?
    • Wor-Wic’s “transfer” degrees are designed for students who are preparing to transfer to a four year college or university with a junior standing. These degrees allow the student to complete the majority of their general education requirements along with some of the lower level major requirements. A non-transfer degree is more focused on career training and offers the student up-to-date skills to prepare to enter the workforce.
  • What are the first steps I should take to transfer?
    • You should identify your career and academic goals as soon as possible, and then gather information on the potential colleges and universities that you think will serve you best. The earlier you narrow down your choice(s), the better. That allows you to customize your educational choices at Wor-Wic to meet as many requirements here as possible.
  • How do I know if all my credits will transfer? 
    • It’s best to work with a transfer specialist at the college or university you’re transferring to in order to have a better idea of which classes will transfer to them.
  • Will my financial aid transfer?
    • Your new institution will need to provide an updated financial aid package. You’ll need to request that your FAFSA is sent to your new school, which will then provide you with a new financial aid package. It’s important to note that the information required by your current school may be different at your next school.
  • What kinds of courses typically will not be accepted for transfer credit?
    • Courses that are “developmental” or ones that are numbered less than 100 will generally not transfer.
  • Can I transfer after completing one semester at Wor-Wic?
    • Most colleges and universities require that you’ve earned between 24-30 transferrable credits before they will consider you a transfer student applicant. You are still eligible to apply to a four year institution without that many credits, but your application will be considered along with other incoming freshman applicants.
  • Why should I earn a degree to transfer?
    • Completing a degree will typically ensure that the majority of your credits will be accepted by the college/university you’re transferring to. This is mostly true for students in a “transfer” designated degree.
  • What is the difference between an official and unofficial transcript?
    • A transcript is considered official when it is delivered through a secure site directly from one institution to another, or in the case of paper transcripts, it is official when it is delivered in a sealed and stamped envelope with the registrar’s signature and other security features intact. Transcripts received in unsealed, open envelopes or emailed from the student are considered unofficial.
  • Will my GPA transfer?
    • Typically, no. Usually each institution calculates your cumulative GPA using only the courses you’ve completed at that college. However, your GPA from the originating institution can work to your advantage or disadvantage depending on their admission requirements.