Transfer Resources

We want credits you have earned to transfer in. We want credits you earn here to transfer out. Learn how it all works and save time and money toward your degree.

You can transfer credits into Wor-Wic by successfully passing certain occupational courses in high school, completing standardized exams, earning credits at other colleges or universities, or gaining credit for military training.

We also want to help you transfer credits out to your next college or university so you can earn your bachelor's degree faster. 

Transferring In College Credits
From High School

High school students in Worcester, Wicomico, Somerset and Dorchester counties could be eligible to receive college credit for certain occupational courses they completed in high school with a grade of “B” or better (these are not dual enrolled courses you took in high school for high school and college credit . . . we have those credits on your Wor-Wic transcript already). 

Students must have a copy of their high school transcripts forwarded to the registrar within three years of their high school graduation and prior to registering for classes at Wor-Wic. In order to be awarded credit for these courses, students must complete at least one 100-level course at Wor-Wic.

From Standardized Testing Agencies
We accept Advanced Placement (AP) scores of "3" or higher, as well as College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) scores of "4" or higher. 

Students who completed AP of CLEP exams should have their official score reports sent to Wor-Wic's registrar from the College Board. Students who have completed the IB DP program should have their official transcripts sent by their DP coordinator. Copies of high school transcripts are not acceptable.

The following tables show AP and CLEP equivalences for courses at Wor-Wic:

From Other Colleges or Universities
We accept credits that have been completed at other regionally-accredited, degree-granting institutions of higher education if the courses are equivalent to and meet the requirements of the student's program of study at Wor-Wic. Upon the receipt of official transcripts, transfer credits are evaluated by the registrar on a course-by-course basis. You must submit an official transcript from each college or university attended directly to our registrar. Transcripts can be sent by mail or online through E-Script or Parchment. Please be aware of the following restrictions:

  • Degree-seeking transfer students must complete at least 25 percent (or 15 credits) of their course work at Wor-Wic.
  • If your college operates on a quarter hour system, your credits will be adjusted to semester hours.
  • Transfer credits do not factor into your GPA at Wor-Wic unless you are applying for admission into the emergency medical services, nursing, occupational therapy assistant, physical therapist assistant or radiologic technology program.
  • Prerequisite courses that require a certain grade might need to be repeated before you can take additional courses.
  • Students who are placed on academic probation or suspension at another college/university could be accepted into Wor-Wic, but they are placed on academic probation and limited to three classes during their first term.
Also, please be aware that the following will not transfer in:
  • courses from colleges or universities that are not accredited;
  • remedial or developmental skills courses;
  • courses for which "0" credit was received; and
  • courses marked with an "I" or "W" or "in progress."
From Foreign Institutions
International students who want to be admitted as high school graduates or who want to transfer college credits into Wor-Wic must have their high school or college transcripts evaluated by World Education Services, at their own expense. They can be reached at 312-222-0882. Credits transferred from foreign institutions are awarded the same as transfer credits from U.S. institutions. General education courses of less than three semester hours are not accepted. 

From the Military and Other Non-Traditional Ways
Military credits and credits for specialized training recognized by the American Council on Education (ACE) are awarded the same as other transfer credits. Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard veterans can obtain a Joint Services Transcript (JST) through ACE. Air Force transcripts can be obtained from the Community College of the Air Force. Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard veterans who served prior to 1976 and Air Force veterans who served prior to 1972 can access their DD-414s through the National Archives. Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) transcripts can be requested through the DANTES website
Transferring Out College Credits

Wor-Wic saves you time and money by making sure that many of our degrees and courses transfer to colleges and universities throughout Maryland. In most cases, Wor-Wic degrees and courses also transfer to out-of-state institutions.  

Before you start at Wor-Wic, talk to a transfer advisor at the college or university you will attend after Wor-Wic to make sure you understand how your credits will transfer out.

If you are planning to attend a school in Maryland, you can take advantage of the following resources:

Contact Us Angie Hayden Associate Registrar 410-572-8712